Re: debian-ctte mailing list and spam

In article <[🔎] 20040621132023.GF29579@wiggy.net> wichert@wiggy.net writes:
>Compared to spamassassin it should be quite low-weight, and we can
>always throw more hardware at the problem (Debian has plenty of offers).

It would make a lot more sence to throw the hardware at spam-filtering
algorythims are already known to work and don't cause hassles to the
mail senders.  This has been discussed before, and supposedly is being
worked on.

I helped imrove the spam filtering on bugs.debian.org from about 98.5%
effective to about 99.99% effective, with about the same number of
false positives.  The most effective part of that (well-trained
spamassassin baysian filtering) can't be done on the current
lists.debian.org system because it uses to much CPU time.

Wichert: your system bounced my reply about why your system is in my
spam filters.
--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html