Re: debian-ctte mailing list and spam

Previously Pascal Hakim wrote:
> Speaking with my listmaster hat on, that's certainly possible, but I
> don't believe it will help non-subscribers or subscribers posting with a
> different address all that much. I guess every little bit helps however.

It doesn't matter for those either since you only check the pgp
signature. The only people who can not post using this scheme are
non-developers since their key is not in the keyring (or LDAP database
to be exact).

We could use a seperate keyring for those, but maintaining that would be
awkwards. Perhaps we could combine it with a filter that allows posting
from subscribed addresses?

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net>    It is simple to make things.