Re: debian-ctte mailing list and spam

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 01:00:25PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Pascal Hakim wrote:
> > Speaking with my listmaster hat on, that's certainly possible, but I
> > don't believe it will help non-subscribers or subscribers posting with a
> > different address all that much. I guess every little bit helps however.
>
> It doesn't matter for those either since you only check the pgp
> signature. The only people who can not post using this scheme are
> non-developers since their key is not in the keyring (or LDAP database
> to be exact).
>
> We could use a seperate keyring for those, but maintaining that would be
> awkwards. Perhaps we could combine it with a filter that allows posting
> from subscribed addresses?

I take back what I said actually. The signature checker is very brittle,
and it already stops a number of valid messages from people who want to
post on the gpg-restricted lists such as debian-devel-annouce or
debian-security-announce.

I am not willing to maintain a seperate keyring for the debian-ctte
list, so you'll have to find another listmaster to do it.

I still fail to see why this list needs different rules than all the
others.

Pasc