`debian-ctte@d.o' etc. blackhole

I hereby propose the following resolution:

 WE THE DEBIAN TECHNICAL COMMITTEE NOTE THAT

  1. The Technical Committee is not merely a mailing list, but a
     formal institution in the Debian Project, established by the
     Constitution.

  2. People sometimes mail debian-ctte@d.o (d.o = debian.org) when
     they want to contact the Technical Committee, either by mistake,
     or as a reasonable action based on the truth of item 1., above.

  3. The current implementation supporting our discussions is the
     mailing list debian-ctte@lists.d.o.  We have no current plans to
     change this arrangement but may wish to do so in the future.

  4. Messages to debian-ctte@d.o, tech-ctte@d.o, debian-ctte-chair@d.o
     and tech-ctte-chair@d.o are currently filed in an unread mailbox.

  5. It is absolutely unacceptable for any reasonable mails intended
     for the Technical Committee or its Chairman, and sent to a
     plausible (if perhaps guessed) address on Debian systems, to
     vanish unread.  It is not sufficient to merely to file the
     misdirected messages.

 THEREFORE OUR REQUIREMENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS

  6. We insist that debian-ctte@d.o should be an alias for
     debian-ctte@lists.d.o.

  7. We insist that tech-ctte@lists.d.o should either bounce or be an
     alias for debian-ctte@lists.d.o.

  8. We request that the Debian System Administrators make the
     relevant configuration changes.

  9. If the Debian System Administrators are unable or unwilling to
     make the relevant configuration changes, we insist that the
     sysadmins should provide our Chairman with the necessary
     technical access, authorisations and all necessary information,
     so that the Chairman may make the changes.

 FURTHERMORE WE NOTE THAT

 10. Our Chairman has made informal requests, including mails to
     debian-admin@lists.d.o to correct this problem, and engaged in
     discussion with the Debian Systems Administrators to answer
     queries regarding this issue.

 11. The sysadmins are reluctant to make the necessary changes; the
     situation remains broken and mail is still being lost.

 12. The sysadmins are Delegates of the Debian Project Leader
     according to the Constitution s5.1(1), s8.  Deciding which
     addresses on the Debian mail systems should go where is not
     clearly a purely technical matter.

 THEREFORE

 14. We refrain from attempting to exercise our power to overrule a
     Developer (Constitution 6.1(4)) in this case.  Nevertheless we
     note that if our requirements are not satisfied it will give us
     grounds to doubt that we should have confidence in the sysadmins.

 15. We warn that we intend to escalate this issue as necessary until
     our requirements are met.

 FURTHERMORE, WE NOTE THAT

 16. Mail for all unknown local parts @d.o is currently accepted.

 17. Accepting mail for unknown local parts is usually harmful, and
     rejecting it at RCPT TO is beneficial both for the local system
     and to assist other systems which do SMTP verification callouts.

 THEREFORE

 18. We suggest that the Debian mail systems might usefully be
     reconfigured so that mail for unknown local parts is rejected at
     SMTP RCPT TO.