Re: Technical Committee: decision on #119517?

>>"Anthony" == Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes:
 > You need to take this in context though. If they're running in X, then
 > it'll work fine, because xlibs will already have been installed. If
 > they're not running in X, one'll get a linker failure, the other will
 > get a "DISPLAY not set" failure.

 > "Hey why doesn't cardinfo work?"
 > "It's an X program and you don't have X installed."

 > Doesn't seem particularly hard? (Seems a lot easier than
 > explaining it to the cognoscenti tbh... :)

	;-)

	In this particular case, you got me. In the general case,
 though, I still think my arguments have merit.

	I would leave it to the members to decide whether this should
 affect the recommendations we make in this case.  I would like to
 point out, though, that recommendations of this committee are taken
 to set a precedence, and perhaps we should be thinking in gernal
 terms when we make the recommendations.

	manoj
--
 Our educational systems may very well be on the threshold of a new
 and even gloomier Dark Age of the 20th and 21st centuries, unless the