Re: Technical Committee: decision on #119517?

>>"Ian" == Ian Jackson <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk> writes:

 Ian> Manoj, have I represented you fairly and accurately ?  Is there
 Ian> anything else you think you wanted to say ?

	Apart from my quality of distribution arguments, yes, that is
 a fair assessment.  Actually, it was one of your arguments about
 renaming programs/packages that started me down this path -- if a
 user has a friend running some other distribution, and they both try
 program foo -- it works on the other distribution, but not on Debian,
 and both sets of packages are installed correctly, I think we shall
 not compare favourably. I would hate to get the reputation that
 programs on Debian do not necesarily work unless one systematically
 installs all supposedly optional packages (run time link failures are
 hard to explain as anything but broken programs to the
 non-cognoscenti)

	manoj
--
 The church saves sinners, but science seeks to stop their
 manufacture. Elbert Hubbard