Re: Please organize the vote

Le Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 12:00:30AM +1000, Anthony Towns écrivait:
> On Sat, Sep 14, 2002 at 12:07:06PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > can someone explain me what the committee is waiting for ?
>
> It's probably not the "explanation" you're looking for, but you're insane
> if you expect to get an efficient resultoution of a contentious issue
> by committee [0].

I expect to have a resolutin at least. Even it they just tell "we're not
able to respond to your request, do whatever you want".

If you ask me to go on, ignoring whatever the committe could have to
say, I'd just ask Christian to move Gnome2 into unstable and the matter
would be done.

This can be done, and I'm tempted to do it (but I can't do it, it's
Christian's decision) but we may as well close the technical committe in
that case. The tech-ctte has been created to resolve such issues, if he
can't do it, it is useless.

> So how about we just get on with the job of implementing method (3)? Is
> there anyone who thinks that would be a bad solution, even if it mightn't
> be the best one?

Nope, but I believe it is unnecessary overload of work so I don't want
to manage it myself. I asked someone else to do it explaining that
it could be a good compromise ... nobody stepped up.

So in a certain sense, it's logical to let Christian upload Gnome2 in
unstable.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com