Re: developers-reference: patch re: replacing files on the ftp site

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 10:12:06AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Branden, if you weren't so obsessed with your political maneuvering, you
> might've realised it'd take less effort and time to write a paragraph
> about this yourself and send it off to the developers-reference
> maintainers. Of course, maybe your goal's to embarrass ftpmaster or to
> waste the the tech-ctte's time or similar, in which case I guess doing
> a patch wouldn't do you much good *shrug*.

If putting up with you venting your spleen in the above manner is what
it takes for us to even present the illusion that:

	1) the Technical Committee is a going concern;
	2) the Technical Committee's rulings are honored by the archive
	administration team, and those who are affected by its decisions
	generally;
	3) the archive administration team thinks it's actually a good
	thing for the requirements that the archive management system
	makes of Debian developers who upload to it to be documented;
	and
	4) Debian cares in general more about being open to new
	developers than it does about territorial pissing and accretion
	of power in the hands of a select few who, frankly, don't give a
	damn about the Debian Constitution or anything derived from it.

...then I guess it's worth it.

We have a Constitution for a reason.  Live by it as it stands, or call
for its amendment or repeal.

Thanks for writing the patch.

I still think it would be a good idea if the Technical Committee
documented its decision per 6.3.3.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       Extra territorium jus dicenti