Re: Moving to the FHS: not right now!

On Wed, Aug 18, 1999 at 11:52:35AM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 18, 1999 at 02:28:36PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> > Hello Technical Committee.
> > This message from Wichert was posted nearly two weeks ago.
> Yes.

Now over three weeks ago.

> > Which is the current state of things?
> (1) The technical committee does not have a chairman yet, so is not
> able to properly vote on any proposals.
>
> (2) There have been some problems with committee members not being
> properly enrolled on the mailing list.
>
> (3) The message from Wichert was incomplete -- the technical committee
> does not do detailed design work.  However, two people have stepped
> up with proposals to address that lack.  Briefly:  Manoj Srivasta
> has proposed a mechanism which would allow us to move forward on FHS
> migration from the current messed up state of things, and Ian Jackson
> has proposed that we revert to FSSTND until the issues can be sorted out.

Any updates?

Also, the discussion doesn't seem to be archived or available publically?
One of Manoj's messages is the sole occupant of the debian-ctte archive
on master and the list archives on the web for Aug 1999.

Cheers,
aj, who admits the .sig is a cheap shot

 ``Turning the LDP into a complex organization with offices, roles,
  voting procedures, and standards does nothing to further the goal
 of Linux documentation; all it really does is feed the egoes of the
   people involved. No other successful Linux project requires
            this level of bueaucratic organization.''
                                                      -- Matt Welsh