Re: Moving to the FHS: not right now!

On Wed, Aug 18, 1999 at 02:28:36PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> Hello Technical Committee.
>
> This message from Wichert was posted nearly two weeks ago.

Yes.

> Which is the current state of things?

(1) The technical committee does not have a chairman yet, so is not
able to properly vote on any proposals.

(2) There have been some problems with committee members not being
properly enrolled on the mailing list.

(3) The message from Wichert was incomplete -- the technical committee
does not do detailed design work.  However, two people have stepped
up with proposals to address that lack.  Briefly:  Manoj Srivasta
has proposed a mechanism which would allow us to move forward on FHS
migration from the current messed up state of things, and Ian Jackson
has proposed that we revert to FSSTND until the issues can be sorted out.

> Are you still discussing about this issue?

Yes.  However, we have to put our own house in order first.

Sorry about that.

--
Raul