Re: Need advice for cross building gammu

On 10/22/21 9:30 AM, IOhannes m zmölnig (Debian GNU|Linux) wrote:

as to the question asked on #debian-ci ("do you happen to know why salsa-ci uses mk-build-deps instead of say apt-get build-dep ./?":
i also have no clue (and just took what was already there).

looking at the script that invokes it, i *think* the reason is that we can use 'aptitude' (with a number of scoring-options set) as the resolver for installing the build-dependencies, something we couldn't do with a plain 'apt-get' (as it lacks support for the scoring-options)

so i did a bit of code archeology (complicated by the fact that repositories were merged without preserving history), and here's what i found

<https://salsa.debian.org/salsa-ci-team/images/-/commit/6a32d2d7b90abb70627edf12424ac6fc6ba76afd>

somebody who knows more about how the canonical builders (that is: "buildd") resolve depdendencies is required to solve this.

gfmasdr
IOhannes