Re: Recent advances in cross building src:perl

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 11:14:10PM +0200, Niko Tyni wrote:

> Extracting the config.sh files from the archive and putting them into
> git or something should be automatable, and the history would indeed
> help understanding the issues. We can later look at the "right" way to
> make use of them.

FWIW, I worked a bit on recreating history for these, with results in
 http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/users/ntyni/perl-config-data.git

This has the 'static' config.sh files for 12 architectures and a few
perl versions (squeeze, wheezy, jessie, current sid), with the released
versions generated in both the released and the next chroot so effects
due to changes in the build environment stand out.

I also put in a few more of the latest versions for amd64 so that it's
clearer which things stay stable and which don't, in Debian releases
vs. minor upstream releases vs. major upstream releases.

Note that these are not the real config.sh files that were used for
the binaries in the releases: those were never archived.  These were
created today on the porter machines by running 'debian/config.debian
--static' manually in the alioth perl.git tagged source trees and
relevant chroots.

Maybe somebody else finds this interesting...
--
Niko