Re: What do SMEs and consultants want from the debian project?

    MJ> Dear fellow consultants,

    MJ> You may have noticed in the bits from the GPL for January 2012
    MJ> http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/20120204115120.GA17611@upsilon.cc
    MJ> that a debian-companies list is being created for large
    MJ> companies.

    MJ> I've suggested to the Debian Project Leader that Small and
    MJ> Medium Enterprises outnumber large companies by 99 to 1 and that
    MJ> SMEs probably inform debian consultants of their problems,
    MJ> rather than approaching the DPL directly.  Do you think that's
    MJ> right?

    MJ> If so, I've three key questions for you:

    MJ> 1. what prevents SMEs from using debian more?

1) Fear of being fired for not having bought "IBM"
   I note that IBM doesn't sell Debian/Ubuntu, even if they sell GNU/Linux.

2) Lack of availability of low-cost Debian aware consultants, who have
   access to "big guns" when they get into trouble.

    MJ> 3. who's reading this list these days?

	               then sign the petition.