Re: Need commercial help

Ritesh Raj Sarraf <rrs@researchut.com>:

>  On Thu, November 17, 2005 19:50, Thomas Drillich said:
> > Hello Mr. Gangoly,
> >
> > may I could help, but a few questions before,
> >
> > a) Do you need help on building custom debian kernel-package for your
> >     driver, or must the driver being written or patched.
>
>  Many RAID controllers are not supported or not fully supported by the
>  Debian kernels for multiple reasons. A patch will be required for the
>  person.

I was using Mylex DAC960 hardware RAID in 2001.  Are you saying such
old tech. has lost its support, but in Debian kernels only?

> > b) Must the kernel boot from scsi-raid or could it boot from ide.
>
>  I guess scsi-raid.

Why?  What's its boot interface type have to do with the bulk of your storage?

    (*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling           Linux Counter #80292
    - -    Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/autospam.html
           http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt