Re: Debian Co-location in USA

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:18:29 +0200
Vinai Kopp <vinai@netzarbeiter.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 11:32:38AM -0400, Dale E Martin wrote:
> > > Maybe this is a good business opportunity for a group of Debian
> > > developers in a place such as the Netherlands, Germany, or the US.
> > >  There
> > > is reasonable profit in hiring hosting space by the rack and
> > > renting it out by the 1U.
> >
> > Do have experience with this business model elsewhere?  I believe in
> > this area there is a lack of linux hosting in any form, let alone
> > Debian.  It's an interesting idea.
>
> Here in Germany there seem to be quite a lot of isp's supporting
> debian who rent out dedicated machines and/or rackspace.
>
> Personaly I have experience with Hetzner (http://www.hetzner.de) who
> have quite affordable prices and acceptable service.

Yes, I can second that. I'm satisfied with their work. I was kind of
funny though back then in the last year as I started hosting with them.
At that point they didn't offer Debian as OS on the machines for
renting. I need to help the personnel through the basic installation
until network and ssh was in place so I could manage the machine on
my own. But they did the additional work for the same money, so that
was fine for me. Obviously there were enough interest for Debian,
they offer it now for the rented machines.

Bye
	Racke

Interchange Development Team