Re: status of debian-consultants mailing list

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 12:30:04PM +0000, Martin Wheeler wrote:
> > What some people seem to have missed is that I'm not saying that there's no
> > reason at all to have this list ever. I am saying that right now, no such
> > reason is making itself obvious and the list is practically useless.
>
> That is a *personal* opinion;

IMO ;) it's an objective assessment of the current situation. In June,
I found 0 on-topic posts archived in the last twelve months (possibly
more, I didn't bother checking any further). I don't know how you define
"practical" and "mailing list", but according to my definitions,
that state matches "practically useless".

Obviously, whether it's useful for future discussions, or just as a sign of
good will, or something else, is what I inquired about and why the list is
still open.

> and as far as I'm concerned, it's arrogant, blinkered, dogmatic and
> unjustified. [...]

Right. I see you've already made up your mind so I won't try to confuse you
with mere facts any further.

Given that the bulk of of your mail was flamebait, I wonder why I even
bothered replying this far.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.