Re: status of debian-consultants mailing list

Hi everyone,

As a previously silent observer I fail to see what all the fuss is
about, I don't care if a piece of spam slips through, but I think this
list is vital to the existance of Debian.  It demonstrates that there
is a component of Debian professionals willing to discuss consulting
on a professional level, even if we have no comment at present.  If it
disappears, the image of Debian becomes less commercially viable.
Therefore I'm quite happy to be on the list through the quiet times,
with an expectation of better to come.

To continue pushing for its removal is sort of like trying to
persuade everyone that professional consulting for Debian is being
discontinued.

It was pretty clear to me that the people were quite willing and
able to participate further after the last time someone tried to ask
for its removal.  The feedback appeared to be overwhelmingly positive
to keep the list running.  I tried to get around to replying to some
of the ideas that came up but found myself personally too busy at the
time, this won't always be the case.

Why don't the people who don't believe it needs to exist anymore
simply unsubscribe? (Not trying to be rude, just seems logical to me).

Cheers,
Steve
(Consultant, Perth, Western Australia)