Re: Looking for commercial consulting in the EU or world-wide

Hi,
I've tried with varying success to be a perl contracting corp in NYC.

I also was about to develop a thinclient around the cyrix mediaGX but
development for that chipset stopped.

Right now I am gainfully employed, but am plotting another attempt.

The thin client is the ThinMan, very similar to the GNU/Book, and I am hoping
to advance GNU/Linux by creating apps around something similar to the perl
CPAN, where all functionality is disted from a single source as modules during
the inital boot.  A least recently used alogorithm decides what to keep in
flash and the rest has to be reloaded when required.

Here the only app is the OS and the modules are loaded either from flash or
from the depository based on the mime type or other magic attributes of the
URL.

I have a club in NY called PUNY and I have been trying to get Adam Dicarlo
involved, a broken knee is keeping me form having meetings at the moment.

I am working on the web site though and I would welcome your comments.

http://puny.vm.com

If you want to sign up you can do so, click "want to help develop" for a shell
account.

In the end I will have a non-commerical version of Yahoo/Dejanews built mostly
of perl but completely GNU (have been chatting w/ RMS)

=====
John van Vlaanderen