Re: Debian on Oracle Cloud

Hi Nick,

On Thu, May 25, 2023 at 01:51:51PM +0000, Nick Armstrong wrote:
> Hi there, what would it look like to get an Oracle Cloud-optimized
> build of Debian published to our Marketplace? We’re interested in
> doing something like this, and wondering where to start, who to talk
> with, etc.

Glad to hear there's still interest in Debian on OCI.  There's two
- https://lists.debian.org/debian-cloud/2018/12/msg00049.html
- https://lists.debian.org/debian-cloud/2020/10/msg00019.html

IIRC the main issues were:

1. Some OCI agents couldn't be packaged for Debian.

2. The cloud team doesn't have anyone working on OCI, or any
relationship/infra with OCI.  We'd be happy to have support contributed
though - ideas are in the above threads.

Feel free to reach out if I can provide any additional info.

Ross