Re: vagrant images for kernel testing - kdevops

Hi,

On 01/07/22 at 18:27 -0700, Luis Chamberlain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So I work on kdevops which aims at automating linux kernel
> testing for different workflows. The main goals were filesystems
> and block layer, but this will soon grow to cover more. I have
> embraced vagrant images due to the rapid nature of testing it
> allows.
>
> I made a customization with linux-next and while this works
> I am started thinking collaborating would be better. Would it
> be possible to publish variations of debian onto say the
> vagrant linux-kdevops org with vanilla kernel builds of
> different types to help with Linux kernel testing? I can help
> with the setup, as well, kdevops already does all the stuff
> needed to ramp up for what we need, either the kernel / kernel
> config, etc.
>
> [0] https://github.com/linux-kdevops/
> [1] https://app.vagrantup.com/linux-kdevops

Interesting project!

If I understand correctly, you are asking whether someone (you?) could
work on providing vagrant images based on Debian ones, but with custom
kernels builds.

The answer is yes: what we use to generate Debian images is publicly
available at https://salsa.debian.org/cloud-team/debian-vagrant-images/,
and it should be reasonably easy to derive from it to build custom images.

And we would welcome patches to help such customization work, if that's
useful for you.

Let me know if I can help somehow.

Lucas