Re: Global networking change in our AWS accounts

Hi

On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 10:31:12PM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> I'm surprised by this: what is the motivation? Have we been asked to use
> less IPv4 addresses?

Yes, you get at most two.  We can also remove the NAT one, as access to
Debian's infrastructure is capable of working IPv6-only, apart from two
not relevant things.

> Also, in qa2, there's an instance that is painful to move and that needs
> to be publicly accessible. So please plan for a migration that does not
> involve terminating it.

All instances are publicly accessible.

> - if everything is on private IPv4, how are we supposed to connect to
>   the instances?

You use the always assigned IPv6 address.  We have 2021 so this should
be no problem.

> - who is "we"? (I only interacted with you, and was wondering how much
>   backup we have for the admins of this AWS setup, given that it looks
>   a lot more dependant on the admins that with the old account)

Noah and me, mostly.

Bastian

--
War is never imperative.
		-- McCoy, "Balance of Terror", stardate 1709.2