Re: improving documenation

On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 09:53:02AM +0200, Thomas Lange wrote:
> I've created a proposal for updating the header seen in
> https://cloud.debian.org/cdimage/cloud/
>
> You can see it here
> https://public.cs.uni-koeln.de/lange/images-cloud-HEADER.html
>
> Any comments welcome.

Definitely an improvement.  A few comments.

For the cloud providers where we're directly publishing our images, it's
very likely that users will want to run the images that we've already
published to the provider, and that they won't want to download the
images.  We should make clear that the images are available for people
who wish to inspect them, customize them, verify the contents of them,
etc, etc, but that downloading them isn't necessary to use in most
cases.

I suspect, but am not sure, that even in OpenStack environments, it's
the administrator that is going to be retrieving the images and
registering them with the service, and most users of those services
aren't going to need to download the images from us.

I think it'd be nice if the content on that page made that clear.

Also, for both "generic" and "genericcloud", we should be explicit that
OpenStack is the targeted service.  Genericcloud is a good place to
start, but generic has broader hardware compatibility.

noah