Re: Publishing cloud image lifecycle documentation

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 10:36:27PM -0700, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> The Debian Project will release it's new stable release 11 (code name
> Bullseye) along with images for various cloud providers.  Images will

nit: We don't typically capitalize the release codename in this context.

>   * when security updates have been published through official Debian
>     channels for a kernel or network service.

I think the criteria are a bit broader than that.  For example, we'd
likely want to publish new images in response to a glibc or OpenSSL
security update, even though they're not specifically network services.
Maybe change that to "core package" or "critical package", even though
those terms aren't explicitly defined anywhere.  (I think the ambiguity
is actually useful in that it leaves us with some flexibility to decide
exactly when we perform an update.)

noah