Re: Publishing cloud image lifecycle documentation

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 10:36:27PM -0700, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> Stable Cloud Images for Bullseye (stable)
>
> The Debian Project will release it's new stable release 11 (code name
> Bullseye) along with images for various cloud providers.  Images will
> be available at https://cloud.debian.org/cloud/bullseye, along with
> hashes to verify downloads.  In addition, some platforms will have the
> images pre-loaded and/or available in their marketplace.  See
> https://wiki.debian.org/Cloud for more information.
>
> Security Support Period
> -----------------------
>
> The Cloud Team will support the Debian 11 images through the end of
> the LTS cycle.  New builds will occasionally be made available:
>
>   * after each point release of Debian 11.
>
>   * when security updates have been published through official Debian
>     channels for a kernel or network service.
>
>   * on an occasional basis to collect other updates, at the discretion
>     of each platform's maintainers.
>
> End of Security Support
> -----------------------
>
> At the end of the LTS support period, the images will no longer be
> updated.  Any marketplace listings will be retired.  And depending on
> the technical details of the platforms, pre-loaded images may be
> deleted.
>
> To avoid missing important security updates, users are encouraged to
> migrate to a newer image before the end of the LTS period.

With some small modifications, I think much of this text would make
sense to include in the bullseye release notes.

I added some cloud details in
https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team/release-notes/-/merge_requests/67,
maybe it would be worth expanding a bit on what I wrote?

noah