Re: referencing cloud images in bullseye release notes

On 2021-03-01 17:01:21 +0200 (+0200), Faidon Liambotis wrote:
[...]
> The big "Download" link on the www.debian.org homepage currently
> points to the netinst.iso directly, which I guess would be
> surprising to most users (at least those not already familiar with
> Debian). The next generation of Debian users may not even know
> what a "CD" or an "ISO" is at this point :)
[...]

Out of curiosity, are you predicting people are going to stop
installing Debian as the base operating system for their devices, or
just that they're not going to use an installer to do that?

How do you perform a fresh installation of other operating systems
these days, if not with an installer and some removeable storage
device? Is that likely to change, and if so how?
--
Jeremy Stanley