Re: Azure Buster image

Hi Michael

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 09:12:11AM +0100, Michael Kesper wrote:
> I had that issue on images where grub was meant to use paravirtualized drives
> (/dev/vda) but used virtual scsi (/dev/sda) instead. (KVM on an old Cloudstack which didn't
> recognize the Debian version...

That might be a reason.  However grub-cloud-amd64 uses
"grub-probe -t device /boot/"
to detect where it should install stuff.

However, where do you get non-SCSI-disk on Hyper-V, the only supported
platform for Azure as mentioned in the subject?  Cloudstack is not
Azure.

Bastian

--
We fight only when there is no other choice.  We prefer the ways of
peaceful contact.