Vagrant Images versioning change or Bullseye

Hi
Starting from Bullseye I plan to change the version scheme for Debian
Images in app.vagrant.com

Up to know we have been using a scheme similar to Debian CD:
major.minor.build_id

Since the minor number mostly makes send  for the production of CD
images, and I hope at some to move to Continuous Delivery, I will use
for stable images for bulleyes:

major.build_date.build_id

for instance

11.20230517.1

and will not track anymore the debian-cd minor releases.

In image-finder we have versions of the form
major.build_date.build_id
where the build_id is set to to CI_PIPELINE_IID,
an incremental id set by gitlab for each build

However app.vagrant.com requires semver[1] compatible versions for
uploaded images and the image finder versions are not.

I still hope to also upload Vagrant Images someday to image-finder, so I
am trying to make the versioning somehow compatible.

Comments Welcome

Emmanuel

[1] https://semver.org/

--
You know an upstream is nice when they even accept m68k patches.
  - John Paul Adrian Glaubitz, Debian OpenJDK maintainer