Re: Adding Vagrant support to debian cloud images

Le 18/03/2020 à 22:52, Tomasz Rybak a écrit :
> First - thanks for working on adding Vagrant to set
> of our cloud images.
>
> On Tue, 2020-03-17 at 12:15 +0100, Emmanuel Kasper wrote:
> [ cut ]
>>
>> I added  my own VAGRANT class which is run after the CLOUD class,
>> and I can build and run vagrant-libvirt boxes from my branch
>> https://salsa.debian.org/manu/debian-cloud-images/-/commits/vagrant_initial_support/
>>
>> Now I am looking at the pytests hooks, which are currently failing,
>> as I
>> am adding in the VAGRANT class a vagrant user with uid 1000 and a
>> bash
>> shell.
>>
>> Should I simply fix the tests by extending the functions in
>> test_etc.py
>> ? I find this a bit ugly as then the hook
>> ./config_space/hooks/tests.CLOUD has code for stuff which is done in
>> different CLASS.
>>
>> On the other hand I don't know how to use the CLOUD class, without
>> running the ./config_space/hooks/tests.CLOUD hook.
>>

> It looks like we're now using tests embedded in debian-cloud-images
> repository, not ones from debian-cloud-tests. I'm not familiar
> with new tests; in debian-cloud-tests we had separate Python
> classes to deal with different clouds, for exactly that reason.
> But I cannot promise to find much time for this.
> So from my point of view we could add this check for now,

OK I did that in
https://salsa.debian.org/cloud-team/debian-cloud-images/-/merge_requests/186/diffs?commit_id=d280c0181f903225a8aa388b77d1ee0ffa4c9e0e

--
You know an upstream is nice when they even accept m68k patches.
  - John Paul Adrian Glaubitz, Debian OpenJDK maintainer