Re: Adding Vagrant support to debian cloud images

First - thanks for working on adding Vagrant to set
of our cloud images.

On Tue, 2020-03-17 at 12:15 +0100, Emmanuel Kasper wrote:
[ cut ]

> I added  my own VAGRANT class which is run after the CLOUD class,
> and I can build and run vagrant-libvirt boxes from my branch
> https://salsa.debian.org/manu/debian-cloud-images/-/commits/vagrant_initial_support/
>
> Now I am looking at the pytests hooks, which are currently failing,
> as I
> am adding in the VAGRANT class a vagrant user with uid 1000 and a
> bash
> shell.
>
> Should I simply fix the tests by extending the functions in
> test_etc.py
> ? I find this a bit ugly as then the hook
> ./config_space/hooks/tests.CLOUD has code for stuff which is done in
> different CLASS.
>
> On the other hand I don't know how to use the CLOUD class, without
> running the ./config_space/hooks/tests.CLOUD hook.

It looks like we're now using tests embedded in debian-cloud-images
repository, not ones from debian-cloud-tests. I'm not familiar
with new tests; in debian-cloud-tests we had separate Python
classes to deal with different clouds, for exactly that reason.
But I cannot promise to find much time for this.
So from my point of view we could add this check for now,
and in middle-term discuss what to do with testing - as
I assume we'll have more tests specific for different
images on various cloud providers.

Best regards

--
Tomasz Rybak, Debian Developer <serpent@debian.org>
GPG: A565 CE64 F866 A258 4DDC F9C7 ECB7 3E37 E887 AA8C