[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Contacting cloud team for hosting blends.debian.net [elbrus@debian.org: Re: Any sponsoring for a VM possible (Was: Rackspace ending free hosting for blends.debian.net)]

Hi again,

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 06:18:20AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 08:35:30PM -0500, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> > Yes, in general this is something we can and should do.  We haven't done
> > this yet in the new SPI-owned AWS accounts, which are the right ones to
> > use here (assuming we decide to use AWS; obviously there are other
> > options), so there are some administrative and technical details to work
> > out.
> > 
> > How soon do you need this?
> Michael was asking for prolongation but the old contract he was caring
> for was ending 24 days ago (without notice to him). :-(

I was also checking DigitalOcean[1] for sponsorship conditions.  I admit
I do not really want to be bound to twitter about the hosting
sponsorship regularly (I do not even have a twitter account) nor do I
want to include spnsorship information into the staging code for
blends.debian.org.  I have not yet checked other options but I guess it
would be similar.

So if you think it would be possible in SPI-owned AWS accounts in
principle could you give any estimation how long it would last to setup
this?  I can confirm that world would not stop turning round if
blends.debian.net would go offline for some weeks - but well, there are
some things that depend from its day to day operation.

Kind regards


[1] do.co/oss-sponsorship


Reply to: