Re: Contacting cloud team for hosting blends.debian.net [elbrus@debian.org: Re: Any sponsoring for a VM possible (Was: Rackspace ending free hosting for blends.debian.net)]

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 12:39:53PM +0000, Marcin Kulisz wrote:
> I'd say in the worst case scenario you could host it on one of the old accounts
> and then migrate it out to the final one if it's not ready right now.
> Hopefully you've got this automated :-)

The only reason the old account would be any easier is that we don't
have any expectations that the resources there are provisioned with any
sort of tooling/automation, so we wouldn't feel quite so guilty about
doing things by hand.  It's... technically an option I guess. :)

Bastian and I have talked a little bit about using Lightsail[1] within
the new engineering account.  It doesn't require as much infrastructure
to be set up (VPCs, subnets, route tables, security groups, etc), so it
isn't blocked on us updating our terraform configuration to define all
these resources.  Lightsail has a 4-core, 16 GB RAM, 320 GB SSD option
that sounds good for this use case.

There are a couple issues with Lightsail:

Buster isn't available yet, so we'd need to start with a stretch
instance and upgrade it.  Not a show-stopper, but it adds some work.

No IPv6 support. (If you have an AWS account, please contact your TAM
and request this.)

noah

1.  https://aws.amazon.com/lightsail/