Re: Using GitLab CI (was: Moving daily builds out of main debian-cloud-images project)

On 2019-09-02 09:59:08, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 02, 2019 at 05:10:55PM +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> > State what? That we're supposed to build the cloud images on Casulana?
> > As much as I know, that has always been what we were supposed to do. You
> > alone decided that the gitlab's CI was the way to go.
>
> Thomas, you seem to be under the mistaken impression that building
> images from GitLab pipelines implies that the builds are not happening
> on casulana. That is not the case. The builds coordinated by salsa *do*
> happen on casulana.
>
> > We're not only building images for Sid/Unstable, but also for stable. In
> > such case, we want the images to be built *only* when needed, ie: when a
> > package is updated in security.debian.org, or when we have a point
> > release. That's what was done for the OpenStack images since Stretch.
>
> This, also, is fully compatible with salsa-driven builds happening on
> casulana.
>
> Does this address your concerns regarding Bastian's proposal?

Thanks Noah I think what you pointed above is making a lot of things much
clearer from my side I'd like only that there is a Gitlab runner on Casulana
and all jobs tagged as **debian-cloud-images-build** are running on Casulana.

So if somebody want to have a look which are running there have a look at
.gitlab-ci.yml.

In regards to Bastian suggestion about splitting repos I think it's ok.
--

|_|_|0|                  "Panta rei"                     |

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0x686930DD58C338B3
3DF1  A4DF  C732  4688  38BC  F121  6869  30DD  58C3  38B3