From: paul <paul@zot.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2019 7:36 PM
To: debian-cloud@lists.debian.org
Subject: Experiences with AWS's EC2 Instance Connect and Debian?

Hi all,

I'm looking for a better way to manage SSH users and saw EC2 Instance
Connect which is apparently the way the world is going, but it only
officially supports Amazon Linux and Ubuntu. My current method for
distributing users is baking them into the SOE and (piecemeal) updating
later with Ansible. It's a little mucky.

https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.aws.amazon.com%2FAWSEC2%2Flatest%2FUserGuide%2Fec2-instance-connect-set-up.html&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7Cb08fbb854dab49f2eed908d70e4d7801%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636993598192558316&amp;sdata=BlxhEjKjqUNlTXCbhRocl4uq4bCjEXr91GRMnfcIDj8%3D&amp;reserved=0

Are any listizens currently using EC2 Instance Connect with Debian? I'm
curious to know your thoughts. It looks a little needlessly complex but
it would mean managing users in IAM only instead of IAM + Ansible for me.

Cheers,

Paul Morahan