Re: Experiences with AWS's EC2 Instance Connect and Debian?

On 2019-08-12 10:56:49 +1000 (+1000), paul wrote:
[...]
> The AWS answer to combining IAM and LDAP is to run an AWS
> Directory Service server, which is Active Directory running on a
> dedicated machine beefy enough to run windows.
[...]

I haven't tried it in a number of years (thankfully it's been a very
long time since I've needed to touch or even care about Windows in
any way), but Samba still ought to be capable of providing an AD
server without all the Windows overhead. Also you can probably do
something similar with FreeIPA.
--
Jeremy Stanley