Re: Debian Cloud Sprint Fall 2019

On Tue, 2019-07-23 at 10:13 +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 12:01:05AM +0200, Tomasz Rybak wrote:
> > So - are there any objectsions to those dates, 2019-10-14 (Monday)
> > to 2019-10-16 (Wednesday) at MIT?
>
> I'm most likely out for that days.  I'll be in Dresden for the
> weekend,
> which would be a really tight fit to come to Boston in time.

I really appreciate what you're doing regarding cloud images.
At the same time I believe that it'd be good for team to have
this knowledge spread over more people, and to involve more
Developers in daily tasks.

I'm especially talking about our Salsa-CI integration and building
and publishing images
and mirroring of package repositories in clouds.

The question for now is, should we try to do it during sprint,
or independently (before or after that).

We have few possibilities here:
1. Move Sprint. What are then better dates, and how easy would
it be to reserve rooms?

2. Have you attend remotely, or at least discuss for few hours
the most important topics.

3. Have somebody (most probly me, as closest member of team) to
come to Moenchengladbach and sit down and go through most imporant
topics - and then pass this knowledge to other people (during
sprint?)
It would need to be during weekend - and I cannot guarantee that
I'll manage to do this before sprint (because of other
responsibities).

4. Proceed without you for now and try to have knowledge transfer
at other time.
5. Anything else I forgot about?

What other members think? Let's discuss it before we move sprint.

Best regards.

--
Tomasz Rybak, Debian Developer <serpent@debian.org>
GPG: A565 CE64 F866 A258 4DDC F9C7 ECB7 3E37 E887 AA8C