2018 Debian Cloud Sprint, 8-10 October, venue TBD

Hey folks,

I've been talking to people to organise this year's sprint. Apologies
for being quiet for a couple of weeks!

I tried to organise things with Digital Ocean first, due to Ben's
offer from last year. But things haven't worked out there for this
time: Ben has changed job, and logistics don't quite fit. Maybe next
time... :-)

David Duncan at Amazon has offered to host instead for this year, and
we've agreed on 8-10 October. That dovetails nicely with an SPI
meeting immediately beforehand (to reduce travel for some folks), and
also avoids clashing with the OpenStack Summit that Thomas pointed
out. Yay!

So, location... Amazon are happy to host us in any of a large number
of places, and David has suggested a few:

 * Seattle
 * Austin, TX
 * New York City
 * Phoenix, AZ
 * Vancouver, BC
 * San Jose, CA

So, where would we like to go? Discussion on IRC has suggested NYC as
a preference for Europeans to avoid jetlag. I'm personally more
interested in making this meetup easy to attend for developers from
the cloud platforms, who by some coincidence tend to be concentrated
in the Seattle area.

So, let's work this out. As October is only a few short weeks away,
let's make this quick please! For the sake of organising
cost-effective travel and logistics for the meeting, please make your
voice heard. To avoid spamming the list too much, I've just created a
Doodle poll at

  https://doodle.com/poll/k9h8kuv6aqs324nq

Please fill in your preferences there. I'll close the poll on
*Wednesday 22*, in 6 days from now. We'll look at preferences then and
pick what looks best...

Who needs computer imagery when you've got Brian Blessed?