Re: Buster startup is blocked for minutes long

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 10:21:39AM -0300, Gustavo Serra Scalet wrote:
Hi,

I was trying to build buster and run it on Google Cloud and I noticed that it was taking a long time to boot (around 180 seconds, and not the usual 15 seconds like stretch takes). In the end I noticed it was chrony and its getrandom() call being blocked due to lack of system entropy.

I provided better details on a chrony bug report, but I just wanted to report on this list to avoid other being caught up by surprise (and it looks like I'm the first one noticing it for buster):

This should be fixed now. Thanks Gustavo for your report!

-- Gustavo Serra Scalet

Cheers,
Vincent