Re: Building cloud images using Debian infrastructure
On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 10:15:49PM +0200, Tomasz Rybak wrote:
> What do you mean by that?
> I've recently been thinking about how to test our images,
> and how to integrate test we've been working on during
> the spring; haven't come to any solutions yet, though.
Okay, let's outline my solution, which I didn't test yet. For the
official builds all this stuff runs in kvm instances with nested-vmx on
- Each test runs in a disposable Docker environment.
This means we have a completely scripted test environment. This means
less chance that documentation and implementation gets out of sync.
Or just work against someone changing stuff by hand.
- It sets up a complete network:
- a bridge,
- some NAT for pretty controlled access to the outside,
- dns, dhcpv4 and dhcpv6 server (lets see if dnsmasq works properly),
- a mock metadata server for the tested plattform.
- It starts the image with kvm.
- It can then run the rest of the tests.
Ahead warp factor one, Mr. Sulu.