Re: Building cloud images using Debian infrastructure

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 03:49:48PM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> - Tests for images.
>
>   I'm not sure if scheduled builds should perform detail tests on all
>   platforms, or if this should be restricted to releases and explicit
>   triggers.

I thought about tests again.  I think we should do a test with a mocked
metadata service for each build, so we know that the image is able to
provision.  This should take no more than two minutes.

The EC2 metadata protocol is easy and can be served from a static
server.  GCE seems to be static as well.  We just somehow need
169.254.169.254 accessible, but qemu network guest forwards should take
care of that.

For Azure I'm not sure, as the agent generates a RSA key and somehow
uses it to communicate with the old metadata service; I have not jet
worked with the new service used on Azure Stack.

Any thoughts?

Are there more images of the stuff you wrote on the board at the last
cloud sprint?  I only know about
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5066UjdxGNiH6Qur2

Regards,
Bastian

--
Where there's no emotion, there's no motive for violence.
		-- Spock, "Dagger of the Mind", stardate 2715.1