Re: EC2 image boot time improvements

On 2016-02-09 12:29:02, Tim Sattarov wrote:
> Hello everyone,

Hi,

snip

> Currently I use custom AMIs built with patched bootstrap-vz and using my
> own kernel, stripped down to only what is needed for EC2 and it has much
> better results. But I would love to see those changes in the official
> images as well.

We prefer not to do any changes to kernel to be as close to mainline Debian as
we can. Main reason for this is that some day we'd like to call those AMIs
'official Debian images' and to be able to do so we have to respect some
constrains.

> Since I'm quite new to debian-cloud, what would be the best way to do it ?
> I will open bug for bootstrap-vz to include that fix or may be there is
> better way to fix it.
>
> But for the kernel: I believe there should be separate flavour for ec2
> platform = new package and feature request to Debian Kernel Team.
>
> Any thoughts ?

See above.
--

|_|_|0|         "Heghlu'Meh QaQ jajVam"          |

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0x58C338B3
3DF1 A4DF C732 4688 38BC F121 6869 30DD  58C3 38B3