EC2 image boot time improvements

Hello everyone,

I was comparing boot time of Amazon Linux and official Debian images.
And here what I've found:
1) Default kernel has 30 second delay for Xen framebuffer initialization
2) Networking service has another 30 seconds delay I addressed here:
https://github.com/andsens/bootstrap-vz/pull/263

Currently I use custom AMIs built with patched bootstrap-vz and using my
own kernel, stripped down to only what is needed for EC2 and it has much
better results. But I would love to see those changes in the official
images as well.

Since I'm quite new to debian-cloud, what would be the best way to do it ?
I will open bug for bootstrap-vz to include that fix or may be there is
better way to fix it.

But for the kernel: I believe there should be separate flavour for ec2
platform = new package and feature request to Debian Kernel Team.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks
Tim