Re: [vagrant] official Debian lxc boxes

Emmanuel,

On 5 February 2016 at 16:10, Emmanuel K <emmanuel@libera.cc> wrote:
> thanks for the ideas

You're welcome.

> at the moment the build process involves a Makefile with a target which
> includes building, doing some tests, and optionnally upload the built
> image to atlas
>
> now this build could be triggered by a cron job daily or weekly (IIRC
> what Ubuntu does), via jenkins after each commit, or after each stable
> release

About the upload/publication process: do you think that this can be
done automatically? E.g. every time the build is done with success, we
can say that there are no regressions?

> a big point here is that packer with the virtualbox provider requires
> the build to be run on physical hardware, as virtualbox do not run
> nested. Without this point, the build would already been moved to
> debian-ci. A good point though is that the build process do not require
> being root.

I do remember you mentioning the requirement for physical hardware.
Have you tried to build VirtualBox/Vagrant images using bootstrap-vz?
It can be used inside a virtual machine with no problem (at least with
full hardware virtualization).

P.s.: I even listed you as a reference[1] for VirtualBox images built
with bootstrap-vz. I'll update the list, removing your entry from
there.

[1]: https://github.com/andsens/bootstrap-vz/issues/266

--
Tiago "Myhro" Ilieve