Re: Summary of the Cloud Images BoF at DC16

    Jeremy> On 2016-07-27 00:02:19 +0100 (+0100), Steve McIntyre wrote:
    Jeremy> [...]
    >> + Does any cloud platform require contrib or non-free bits for
    >> cloud-init? Most not, but apparently at least Rackspace needs a
    >> specific agent which is not free and it's difficult to even get
    >> hold of a copy. There are ways to do things better here, they're
    >> just not using those methods.
    Jeremy> [...]

    Jeremy> This is debatable. I run hundreds of servers in Rackspace
    Jeremy> from custom images without their agent installed. It's
    Jeremy> "needed" if you want some cleaner integration with some of
    Jeremy> their features, but it's far, far, far from
    Jeremy> necessary. OpenStack-based environments should never require

Interesting.
I tried this last summer and couldn't get network configuration to work
without their agent.
I considered networking a key feature:-)

Have any idea what I might have been doing wrong?
I am no longer at that job and no longer in a position to try; I gave up
on their cloud as a result of this mess and moved our product to EC2,
but would have preferred to have Openstack environment to test against.

--Sam