Re: cloudfront backed deb.debian.org

On 2016-07-28 09:27:05, Julien Cristau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks to Marcin we have some cloudformation templates to start with.
> In order to get a cloudfront version of deb.debian.org, could someone
> please provide me/DSA with AWS credentials which would let us set this
> up?  I guess we need access to manage a cloudfront distribution, the
> cloudformation bits, and possibly a dedicated s3 bucket for some static
> content?

All above is correct, I'll take care of it and mail you all relevant details off
the list.

> I'm also assuming it'd be ok for us to send some traffic from
> deb.debian.org to that cloudfront instance?

I think this is not a problem as cloudfront.d.n is already opened to the world,
but probably keeping an eye on it for a bit is a good idea.

> Do people (James?) have a preference between cdn-aws.deb.debian.org or
> cdn-cloudfront.deb.debian.org as name for the service?  (I'd like to be
> consistent with the existing cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org)

I'd vote for cdn-aws.deb.debian.org and additional cnames like cloudfront.d.o.

Once we're fully up migration of cloudfront.d.n from current setup and then
probably decommissioning it after 1y or so to keep current installations using
it operational.
--

|_|_|0|         "Heghlu'Meh QaQ jajVam"          |

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0x58C338B3
3DF1 A4DF C732 4688 38BC F121 6869 30DD  58C3 38B3