Re: growparts from cloud-utils on bpo has a small sfdisk related bug

Vivek,

On 13 May 2016 at 13:21, Vivek Das Mohapatra <vivek@collabora.com> wrote:
> You are correct - the bug has been fixed in stretch, but not yet in
> the bpo package for jessie - I thought it had not been, must have missed
> it - so upating the bpo package to what's in stretch would be fine.
>
> I only mentioned sid because I thought the bug had not been fixed
> at all - apologies for the misleading info.

No problem then. :-)

> So... is it much work to get the stretch version in to jessie bpo?
> The background is we have a customer who wants the fixed version
> to work on jessie images - we can do a mini-repo but they (and we)
> would rather it was fixed for everyone.

I've prepared a backport yesterday[1] and asked Antonio Terceiro to
upload it, which he'll probably doing when time permits. I don't know
when the package will hit the archive because it will probably spend
some time on BACKPORTS-NEW[2] queue. It wasn't uploaded to there after
the binary packages split, when "cloud-utils" became
"cloud-guest-utils", "cloud-image-utils" and "cloud-utils-euca", hence
the delay in the next upload.

Regards,
Tiago.

[1]: https://anonscm.debian.org/git/collab-maint/cloud-utils.git/commit/?h=debian/jessie-backports&id=9d4a505