Re: Jessie Vagrant/VirtualBox image stuck booting ?

> After testing again in order to be able to stop the boot process and
> changing the grub config generation code, to set GRUB_TIMEOUT=3
> (unfortunately, this ain't configurable through the manifest and
> hardcoded in bootstrapvz/common/tasks/grup.py AFAIU), I've tested with
> different kernel arguments.
>
> It seems that removing 'console=hvc0' lets it boot, or at least,
> displays boot messages on the virtualbox console.
>
> I can therefore vagrant ssh succesfully :-)
>
> I don't know what exactly changed and whether this console setting if
> suitable for Virtualbox. In comparison, I guess the default for
> virtualbox might just be no console setting, and maybe a 'quiet'
> argument ?
>
> Hope this helps.

Hi Olivier
hvc0 is the xen serial console (probably a relic from an AWS config), so
it looks like a bug from bootstrap-vz.

I guess if the console points  to a non-existing device the kernel will
refuse to boot ?

BTW for interrupting I thought it would be possible to press Shift when
starting the Box in GUI mode. Does that work on VirtualBox ?