Re: Jessie Vagrant/VirtualBox image stuck booting ?

Hi.

Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@telecom-sudparis.eu> writes:

> Hi.
>
> I've tried to generate a Vagrant box with bootstrap-vz (master branch
> latest) which worked.
>
> However, after vagrant init / vagrant up, the boot doesn't work so well:
> the VM boots, but gets stuck at :
>
> I've tried with the latest packaged version of bootstrap-vz in testing,
> without much difference :-/
>
> Maybe that's an issue with latest jessie update that has nothing to do
> with bootstrap-vz...
>
> Any clue ?

After testing again in order to be able to stop the boot process and
changing the grub config generation code, to set GRUB_TIMEOUT=3
(unfortunately, this ain't configurable through the manifest and
hardcoded in bootstrapvz/common/tasks/grup.py AFAIU), I've tested with
different kernel arguments.

It seems that removing 'console=hvc0' lets it boot, or at least,
displays boot messages on the virtualbox console.

I can therefore vagrant ssh succesfully :-)

I don't know what exactly changed and whether this console setting if
suitable for Virtualbox. In comparison, I guess the default for
virtualbox might just be no console setting, and maybe a 'quiet'
argument ?

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
--