Re: AWS EC2: Jessie 8.2 image for testing

Hi James,

On 10 November 2015 at 12:31, James Bromberger <james@rcpt.to> wrote:
> Hello all,
> After some time, we now have a Jessie 8.2 image, now working with systemD,
> gtp formatted volume, updated ixgbevf driver, blacklists a few module to
> trim some time, and updated cloud-init config to set ephemeral disks it
> discovers as "nofail" in the fstab (eg, for when you resize instances to no
> longer have ephemeral storage). I'd appreciate it if a few people can take
> this image for a spin if you can: us-east-1: ami-c5265faf (amd64, hvm).

About the growpart issue that we talked about, I proposed a
backport[1] for "cloud-utils" on #784004. I don't know if it will be
accepted (and I do remember that you don't like to rely on fixes from
backports, that's why I didn't asked you to sponsor it), but this may
be the only solution at the moment, for something that have been
annoying us for quite a few months.

I've also noted that this backport alone wouldn't solve the problem
with this AMI, because it is partitioned with GPT. In this case, we'll
need the command "gsdisk" from the package "gdisk".

Regards,
Tiago.

[1]: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=784004#20

--