Re: Removing non-free parts of Vagrant Base box creation

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 12:30:01PM +0100, Emmanuel Kasper wrote:
> Hi List
>
> Just to keep you informed, I am going to remove the installation of
> Virtualbox guest additions ( and therefore shared folder functionnality
> ) in the vagrant base boxes built for Atlas, because those Cirtualbox
> additions are contrib/non-free.
>
> It was pointed out by debian-cd team:
> see here for thread
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-cd/2015/10/msg00051.html
>
> There is a plugin for Vagrant for installing these additions called
> vagrant-vbguest, which can do the work in the background.

FWIW, the Vagrant LXC images I have been building already contain only
material from main. Currently they are the only option to use vagrant
on a Debian system with main only (because virtualbox is not in main).

The code to build those is the debian-vm-templates git repository, under
custom-lxc-vagrant/.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>