Re: Virtualbox host and guest extensions mismatch and the vagrant debian base box

> I don't think it is the default behaviour of vagrant to try to rebuild
the guest extensions. Are you using the vagrant-vbguest plugin ?

Great insight. I installed that on a whim a long time ago, and completely forgot about it as I usually use VMware. Welp, I guess I'll fuck off now, but allow me to ask: any plans for releasing a VMware edition? Whatever the answer, be assured that your work remains highly appreciated.

Cheers

Joshua David Stauter
Triangle Square Circle

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 5:10 PM, Emmanuel Kasper <emmanuel@libera.cc> wrote:
Le 14/09/2015 16:40, Joshua Stauter a écrit :
> My host os is Mac OS X and I have experienced this on both VirtualBox 5 and
> later editions of the 4.3 release (installed from homebrew cask
> versions[0]).

Hi Joshua

I just tryed to boot the debian base box with Virtualbox 5.0 and the
shared folders work fine.

There is the expected warning of:

==> default: Checking for guest additions in VM...
    default: The guest additions on this VM do not match the installed
version of
    default: VirtualBox! In most cases this is fine, but in rare cases
it can
    default: prevent things such as shared folders from working
properly. If you see
    default: shared folder errors, please make sure the guest additions
within the
    default: virtual machine match the version of VirtualBox you have
installed on
    default: your host and reload your VM.
    default:
    default: Guest Additions Version: 4.3.18
    default: VirtualBox Version: 5.0

but:
==> default: Mounting shared folders...
    default: /vagrant => /home/manu/Projects/vagrenvs/jessie64

is fine !

What is the exact output of "vagrant halt", followed by "vagrant up" on
your system ?

I don't think it is the default behaviour of vagrant to try to rebuild
the guest extensions. Are you using the vagrant-vbguest plugin ?

Emmanuel